25 September 2011

Happy Sunday: Be Good

BE GOOD. It's my favorite catch phrase, farewell, advice, admonition... I'm sure that I have personally told you to be good at some point or another. It just rolls off the tongue. My mantra, perhaps. I never really knew why, until I read THIS today:
"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)
BAM. In the fight against evil, your greatest weapon is your goodness. Believe it or not, there are actually good things happening in the world right now. Easy to forget sometimes, but nevertheless true. We have the media and our own human desire for scandal and gore to blame for that. My friend recently posted this video. It may have made me shed a tear or two...or 30...of joy. Good people doing great things actually exist in this hand basket headed for Hell! Be one of them. Be good.

1 comment:

  1. Man I watched this and it made me cry a little to (especially when she saw herself) but then this movie came up next and I had nightmares. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HT5La9eeHQ&feature=player_embedded#!

    ReplyDelete