17 March 2013

Shout out to St. Pat, from this Galway Girl

What kind of person would I be if I didn't give a shout-out to the mother turf on this day of celebrating St. Patrick, who rid the Green Isle of all snakes. 
Fact. I swear. 
I thought I'd throw some photogs of my favorite country up here, from our last trip in Summer 2011. These pretty much sum up Ireland for me. Music. Green. Dancing. Beer. Music. Rainbow-colored houses. Sheep. Music. Castles. The jolliest people in the world. Did I say music? 



On our first trip in 2006, my cuzball Katie and I started the tradition of rolling down the hill of the Rock of Cashel. It was my brother's turn the next time around. This castle was built by Brian Boru, founder of the O'Brien dynasty. Blood runs thicker than water, so sometimes you have to do foolish things to honor the dead. 


Happy St. Patty's Day! Erin go bragh!

No comments:

Post a Comment