02 December 2012

Happy Sunday: A Charlie Brown sort of Christmas

To get this season off to a proper start, a clip from my favorite Christmas movie:



Amid all the thousands of holiday specials on TV throughout the month of December, this is the only one you will find that addresses the true meaning of Christmas and straight up word-for-word recites Luke's account of the birth of Christ.

It's very touching. A Charlie Brown Christmas has withstood years of persecution from Atheists, political extremists and others who misunderstand the Constitution to read "Freedom FROM religion" instead of "Freedom OF religion." And on their mission to promote fairness, they smother what is most precious and sacred to so many.

I purchased the show on DVD in preparation for the day it would be tragically ripped from the airwaves in the name of political correctness. I certainly hope that day never comes, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want your children to grow up with the slightest notion that pure, unadulterated religious content was once a part of American media.

I am so excited for this Christmas season. I am excited to keep Christ at the center of all that I do and think. I am excited to prepare spiritually every day so that Christmas day isn't just another busy day that I get distractedly and materialistically caught up in. I'm ashamed to admit that every Christmas isn't as pure, real, simplistic as I'd like it to be. But it has been before. And it will be again.

God bless you all, and may the miracle of Christ's birth and the light He brought into this world guide the season.

Happy Sunday,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I need to go out and buy a copy of A Charlie Brown Christmas too, very good call. Thanks for the reminder of what Christmas is really all about!

    ReplyDelete